Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Birthday Weekend Gone Bad!

So Joey's Birthday was on May 30th and mine was June 1st so we always try and celebrate it together. We decided it would be fun to go camping so I loaded up the camper and we took off on Friday. It was about 11:00 p.m. by the time we got there so we fixed our beds and went to sleep. We were all kind of getting sick at this point with colds. Joey woke up early to go fishing, me and Shady took the advantage of sleeping in. So yeah things were pretty good so far, after breakfast we all hopped on the fourwheeler and took off about two miles down the road to find a fishing spot. It started to rain really lighlty so we decided we better head back. Seconds later it started hailing marble sized hail. I'm in a tank-top, and the boys are in t-shirts and shorts. Poor Shaydon was sitting in the front. Hail hurts if it hits you standing still but Joey was trying to get us back to the camper quickly so it hurt even ten times more. By the time we got back me and Shaydon were both bawling! We were soaking wet with welts all over. It sucked! So Joey decided with us all getting sick we better head home. So I go outside to help Joey back the pick-up back to the RV and I go to get back into the camper and Shaydon had locked himself in the camper with the keys inside! We tried and tried to get him to unlock it but he just kept saying "I can't do it, I don't know how!" and then he started crying so it made me start to cry so Joey tells him to go sit on the bed away from the window and he has to bust out the window to our brand new RV to get Shady out. Probably the worst Birthday ever but definitly one to remember!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! That sounds awful! I'm sorry you guys had such a poopy birthday! Thanks for the comment on our blog. We're excited for this little one to get here.. I'm sure you are too! We are actually having the baby here in Rexburg so you guys should come visit. I'm sad Kev doesn't work at Eminent anymore.. I'm nervous about becoming a Utard! But thank you guys for everything you did for us! We really appreciate it. I really, really appreciate you putting up with Kev ;) Thanks again and good luck with your little guy!

    ReplyDelete